Tuesday, February 11, 2014

"Blow, blow, thou winter wind, Thou art not so unkind......Freeze, freeze thou bitter sky, That dost not bite so nigh as benefits forgot:"  (William Shakespeare)

Today...The result of painting in my studio today and listening to some nice Mozart classical music….really relaxing to the mind.  I've been concentrating a lot of effort these past 2 weeks in painting mountain winter scenes that are a part of much of the Utah landscapes…I enjoy these types of paintings and it might be difficult to transition back into a spring /summer presentation….so i will need to get out there again when it warms up.
This is the beginning of an acrylic painting that I treated as a watercolor and painted it on 300 # Arches' rough natural white paper…. I'm going to let it set for awhile and then make a decision on how much further I want to go on it in the middle/foreground.
For some reason I almost think it's there except for some minor things to straighten out on it....I really don't want to lose the significance of those distant barely visible trees, and if I were to build up the foreground to much I'm afraid that might happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment